John M Brown
Chief Operating Officer
John serves as COO for Brown Golf Management, a national golf course ownership, management and consulting company with offices in Bluffton, SC and Harrisburg, PA.
As the companies leader for onsite operations, John is responsible for directing and overseeing, these property functions:
- Establishes operational guidelines for company
- Develops and implements business efficiencies and structure for each property
- Oversees financial budget process and implementation of Brown Golf reporting to ensure fiscal responsibility
- Oversees business processes associated with Brown Golf Corporate
- Directs and leads corporate team in both the Bluffton, SC and Harrisburg, PA offices
- Continuously developing tools & reporting to implement Brown Golf fundamentals
Prior to joining Brown Golf, John worked for Troon Golf for various properties up and down the east coast that included stops in Delaware, North Carolina, and Pennslyvania. John began his career as a Membership Director with Troon at The Peninsula Golf & Country Club in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. He has since held titles of Golf Group Sales Manager, Sales Director, General Manager for an 18 hole property, General Manager for 36 hole property, Vice President of Sales & Marketing, and finally Chief Operating Officer for Brown Golf which he was promoted too in January of 2013. John graduated from West Chester University with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance and is currently a member of the Club Managers Association of America.